Our goal at Providence is to raise up women to be humble servants in their homes, church, and communities. The following list of books and memory work is designed to help women gain a well-rounded understanding of the Christian life and it’s implications.
The following reading/memory list is in addition to the daily reading of scripture. We recommend you pick a reading schedule to get through the entire Bible in at least 1 yr. The following list is designed to give direction for intentional discipleship and accountability.
1. Gospel Centered Discipleship (Dodson) – Why we need one another in this process
Memory verses – Ezek. 36:26-27
2. Humility (C.J. Mahaney)- The foundation for following God
Memory verses – Prov 8:13,16:5; James 4:6
3. You Can Change (Tim Chester) – The goal is Christlikenss
Memory verses – Romans 8:28-29; Eph 5:1
4. Crazy Love (Chan) – Change leads to love
Memory verses – Acts 17:24-25
5. Feminin Apeal
6. Doctrine (Driscoll)- Laying a firm foundation
Memory Verses – Psalm 100
7. Sheperding A Child’s Heart
Additional recommended readings: Precious remedies against Satan’s devices (Thomas Brooks), Religious Affections (Jonathan Edwards), Bondage of the Will (Martin Luther) Our Legacy (John Hannah)